Policy on Coronavirus COVID-19
Policy on Coronavirus COVID-19
The health, wellbeing and safety of our employees and others (e.g. clients, contractors or members of the public) who may be affected by our work activities is our top priority. We are committed to ensuring that measures are in places so far as reasonably practicable which comply with the latest Government and health authority guidance on Coronavirus COVID-19.
Our staff have been advised to follow current national guidance on personal precautions as follows:
- if you live alone and you have symptoms of coronavirus (a new, continuous cough and/or temperature), however mild, stay at home for 7 days from when your symptoms started.
- if you live with others and you or one of them have symptoms of coronavirus, then all household members must stay at home and not leave the house for 14 days. The 14-day period starts from the day when the first person in the house became ill
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- use hand sanitiser gel (if available), if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- avoid close contact with people who have symptoms of coronavirus
- only travel on public transport if you need to
- work from home, if you can
- avoid social activities, such as going to pubs, restaurants, theatres and cinemas
- avoid events with large groups of people
- use phone, online services or apps to contact your GP surgery or other NHS services
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
- do not have visitors to your home, including friends and family
We have also implemented the following company measures:
- home working for employees – we will encourage and support employees for whom this is suitable
- visiting or working on client premises – at present we are still conducting visits and working on client premises unless the site has advised us otherwise. However, non-critical face-to-face meetings may be changed to telephone or conference call meetings where suitable
- employees visiting or working on client premises – our policy is to supply hand sanitiser for personal use wherever possible (NB subject to availability of such products due to national demand)
- employees who self-isolate due to symptoms of coronavirus as an individual or as a household – we will respect the need for employees to stay at home where they are following Government and health authority advice to do so and we will show flexibility in the medical evidence required as per the latest Government arrangements for such
- employees who advise that they or a close family member may be at increased overall risk according to latest Government and health authority guidance (e.g. >70 yrs old, pregnant, weakened immune system etc) – we will endeavour to reach a sensible compromise on working that meets both parties’ needs
In these unprecedented times, the company will do all it can to support employees and their families, both emotionally and financially. Payment of salary/wages and statutory sick pay will be determined according to our HR/employment policies (and exceptional business decisions as required) and with reference to current Government guidance.
The current situation and national guidance is ever-changing. We will continue to closely monitor the official guidance issued by the Government and health authorities to ensure that all necessary precautions are being taken for the safety of our employees and others as relevant.